Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cold Feet


I am having an incredibly hard time grasping the peep toe boot trend. Style expert’s say they are the new Fall to Spring “must have.” The 1950’s brought the sexy pin-up girls, who started the sexy, kitten heel peep toe boot craze. 2009 has brought them back, but in many new variations.

I do enjoy the dressy ankle and see them as quite practical for a dressy cocktail or holiday party, as a nice alternative to the normal pump/stiletto. Here is a nice a pair from Nordstrom’s by Elizabeth & James, the “Lola” Ruffle bootie for $360.




There are many other peep toe varieties in suede military to an edgy multi buckled boot. Dolce Vita “Hamilton” Boot for $249.95 at Nordstrom’s is pretty funky. I guess I do see these as an alternative to a fun flat in the Fall, especially someone looking for some extra height.



Here’s where the boots get confusing to me. The Boutique 9 “Red Carpet” boots at Nordstrom’s for $244.95 is a tall boot with a peep toe. I wear tall boots on the cold Winter days I need a little extra warmth. No way would I consider letting my toes hang out, even for a five-minute walk outside to my car, before heading to class or work. Do I pair a sock or tight with the boot, so I can take it from Fall to Winter?

6 comments:

  1. Peep toe is everywhere! And I liked it for fall... but not so much for winter. I prefer the comfort of my booties in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pee toe boots I think they are fun and the old fashion style that really brings a different look to all the boots from the past seasons. I myself bought about 4 pairs of them so far! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the peep toe boots, but they had to grow on me. I think they are great for fall and even like them with tights underneath (which is what I found so weird at first being able to see the lining and everything). But your right, I'm not sure if I can pull them off in the winter. At least not when it starts to snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peep toe boots a lot. I think they are really fun. I do agree that it is a different concept in that its hard to figure which season they can be categorized into, but throw on a pair of cute tights or stockings withem for winter and you are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I have same question!!! I onyl own one black pair because I'm afraid that it can't be worn towards the end of fall or winter, when it gets too cold. I think I might be able to wear them with black stocking.. I paid so much money for them that it would be a shame to just wear them for 2 months in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!
    I said the same thing at first. Like how can I enclose my entire foot but then leave a space for my toes?? Crazy. But in defense it is a really cute look with tights.

    Its still ridiculous but its a trend and its kinda fly so it will most likely last.

    I want a pair now.

    xoxo
    A.Marie

    ReplyDelete